Register

Login

It is currently 04.24.24

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Am I banned???
PostPosted: 05.20.09 
/connect

Hi all, thanks for reading.
Well, about 2 weeks ago I was playing in Wurst, without any problems, with the nickname Alpha. The administrator was "ihateyouall". I was killing quite a lot of enemies, hided behind a little wall, when the admin accused me of "camping". I replied it was "holding the position", so he started slapping me. I started to be quite upset, especially 'cause his teammates were able to hide behind those walls n kill without any claim or slap. So I noticed this thing, n he has kicked me out once (1st time). I came back, just notifing it was not a right behave for an admin, and he kicked me again (2nd time). Back in, asked explanations: kicked (3rd time) :o
So I went in without saying a word, but when he started to kick players because of their nicknames were not good for him, I told him he was behaving like a god. He kicked me again (4th time). Back in, definetly upset, I told him he was behaving like a crying child more than an administrator: kicked out (5th time).
NOW
It's two week, from that day, that I cannot play in Wurst: the map loading freezes on the light blue screenshot or once reached the end of the loading bar.
I pray u to help me, please. I don't feel I've been noisy with him, just wanted some explanations, receiving kicks back!!!
PLEASE HELP ME!!! I'd like to play again in Wurst...

Post subject: Re: Am I banned???
PostPosted: 05.20.09 
edit because i am such a damn nice person: =P

seems you met with humppa when he had a bad mood. being admin is work, too, believe it or not. if you get kicked, just keep your mouth shut.

yesterday something else happened:
Jardas[PT], someone usually playing well fragged me with a perfect grenade. i shot him with 1 beretta hit in the legs. next round he killed me almost entirely (he was on my team and did it on purpose. i kicked him for teamattacking. he came back, i told him to just better shut up. he called me an asshole. *kick*. he came back and started swearing and insulting. now he has a four week ban.
we are here most of our free time because we want to contribute, and there actually is a reason there are rarely cheaters here (compared to other servers). it is also, thanks to the admins the same players come again and again, you get medic'd and stuff, and everyone trying to stress gets a kick.
speccing people, making demos, watching demos all other people make (every cheater demo is watched by at least two people and discussed.), discussing strange players... and discussing stuff with people that get pissed and dont get the idea that a "stop it" means what is sounds like.
you just have a server that "works" and can be happy about it.

dont stress admins, and dont start arguments or piss us off. else it gives the idea you dont care about it/us, and this makes us quite thin-skinned. there is a lot of crap we get to hear and it is quite tiring after a while. Which led to a "zero-tolerance" policy when it comes to putting up with it.
Ana for example, quit adminning. she was fed up with it all and wanted to "just play" again without any responsibilities or arguements.)

as aimme says you ban expires anyway, be happy about it and just dont start arguments.
i am sorry for what happened. i hope you now get to understand better _why_ it actually happened.
see how much i typed, should show you we actually care.
next time you see me on the server you get to chose some maps you like, i promise, just tell me when you are there ;)

-stv

PostPosted: 05.21.09 
Godlike

Don't know exact time it happen so i can't help a lot. You were banned by HumppaLakki for insulting admin, it expires tomorrow.

Never fight admin! It can only make everything worse. Now, if i find that chat and see you insulted him anyway, other admins may kick you for no reason.

Godlike

-----tdm:  
nick: [dswp]GewitterOma
skill: 1122.83
kills: 25960
deaths: 19847
ratio: 1.30
-----bomb:  
skill: 812.172
kills: 3885
deaths: 3541
ratio: 1.09
seems like it was like the following:

Admin say "Dont Camp"
Player make Discussion
Admin say "shut up, btw stop camp"
Player says "admin childish"
console wrote:
Attachment:
alpha.png
alpha.png [ 16.89 KiB | Viewed 12902 times ]

the rest is just daily business.
tempban, all admins agreed for that in order to save the gameplay on such a big server.
btw: if u want discuss come here before, be sure someone listen to u.
if u want to reach somebody immideatly: theres voice and textchat integrated in this server somehow.

btw: i cleared that ban, please be patient cause were having lots of people in a tiny box.
see, humppa is just caring for the gameplay here.
if admin dont want u "camp" please dont "camp" (whatever that means...)

if u think theres abuse of admin powers:
send us a demo, sure we know such cases.
after we allways had a refreshing discussion bout our policy and what a change would bring to the game...
:mrgreen:

^^

hat schon alles seinen zweck hier...

/connect

Thank you all for the replies: didn't expect so many in such a few hours!
(sorry for the german reply but I cannot read it, I'm italian n didn't know german!)
I understand it was better to shut up, but that day I was in bad mood too, and the result hasn't been better. The real thing it made me get a little upset were the kicks for the users with a nickname not in the taste of the admin: I don't think it's a good solution, but anyway, I can assure I won't argue with admin anymore.
I really understand the effort made to keep Wurst an excellent server, n I thank u all, 'cause until now I had wonderful gaming experiences thanks even to your work; that's why I care so much of playing in this server again. Really, I can imagine the stress in managing complex situations with many players complaining, but wrong days happen to everybody. I'm really glad to re-join you all tomorrow.
Promising to not disturb anymore, hope to see u in the game!
Thanks again for everything,

Alpha

^^

hf

Godlike

Well, probably we can kick somebody if we don't like him? We have some personal things too.... I would surely ban somebody called "100_years_old" just because his name, but i would ask him to change it first.

And: shit happens :D

Godlike

-----tdm:  
nick: [dswp]ucf
skill: 472.479
kills: 532
deaths: 332
ratio: 1.60
you don't like old people? :o
anyways, that's how it is some days people don't care being called names and other day they react pretty harsh to "hey dude" ... blame god, the big flying spaghetti monster or the apes for it ... that's just how it is

Godlike

-----tdm:  
skill: 1122.83
kills: 25960
deaths: 19847
ratio: 1.30
-----bomb:  
skill: 812.172
kills: 3885
deaths: 3541
ratio: 1.09
no one thing is the missunderstanding, the other is digging authority.
btw alpha thx for discussion. we have 150 cheaters a month and maybe one case wheres personal differences :D