irc              pwnalizer
voice         dswp bar

Register

Login

It is currently 04.29.24

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Admin too sensible
PostPosted: 07.03.09 
in riyadh you cannot play much differently. but it does not matter as you can get shot from virtually anywhere, no cover needed. although too much camping can even on that map fuck teams up.

problems with camping come from two directions:

enemy team camping = own team cannot reach other positions, to get back in the game. usually this is only a problem with very unbalanced teams.
own team camping = players lack when part of team tries to move forward, plus the ways to the choke points are FULL of blockers that camp, do not make much frags, and tend to teamkill.

on to you padre:

first and foremost: dswp is NOT any other server. it is highly moderated, almost at all times there are admins here that watch for cheaters, assholes and players being in other ways disrupting. goal is to get the server to make fun for all.
if one team scores 250 and the other one only 100 i can tell 200% sure losing team had not much fun.

if you camp, at times this may not matter. if teams are fine. that is most likely what you refer to with the mention of the dswp member.
camping can be vital if you hold a position that must not be lost, because if you do, spawncamping will happen. (i.e. holding apartment with blue on uptown)
but simply camping down the other team is not an option, especially not EVERY round at the same place for the whole fucking map. a lot of the players on dswp are newbs (just like you).
and will stick to camping shortly after their own spawn and making matters worse. after they got killed several times in a row on the same position. because of uber leet idiots like you. just caring for your stats. you could as well go with a mate, play less agressive and stick to medicing. NOT camping, but this will not give you stats as worthy then on the scoreboard. there is no "I" in team, get the hint?
(i was too lazy to quote your post and why i say this all, i am pissed because of the crap you type.)

if teams suck (like it seems they did when you did get several warnings), DO NOT FUCKING CAMP the other team down. i usually force some players for the betterment of teams. and/or join the loosing team, fuck my stats. i have had around 1800 skillpoints without camping, now i am like below 1600, it always keeps changing, no use to masturbate over it.
i can score like a ratio of 3:1 and say "bad game" because of zero teamplay, blocking fucks (hallways on abbey especially), no medic, spawn camping and all this crap.
i can score a ratio of 1:1 and "gg" because it was fun to play.
when making admin decisions i try to get the second case to happen as often as i can, for the fun to happen.

three warnings are two minutes, four warnings here equal an eight minute ban, which is a very humanly setting. after this you can rejoin the wurst server. if you cant stand that, get lost. you have been warned enough.
about the other servers: you seemed to play kinda crappy (in whatever way it was) and the admin made you go, dswp is not involved with UAA or any other servers, bans in other places are simply decisions of somebody else.
means you must have upset other admins, too.

at last:
IF AN ADMIN TELLS YOU SOMETHING... LISTEN OR FACE CONSEQUENCES. ADMIN IS GOD, AT LEAST WHEN YOU TRY TO ARGUE ABOUT _USELESS_ CRAP WITH HIM.
there is no discussing or argueing over simply anything that is no use, if you do so you will just get banned. if you come across me it will be 30 days easily.
there are enough players like you, and by now i am too old for that shit. i do not have to "argue" just with you, but so many others, and very often just for the fuck of it. my tolerance bar for this lies ultra low by now, other admins are on their way of adapting a similar behaviour themselves by now. keep a low profile when 'discussing' and you will not have problems at all, but if you attack admins (in whatever way, and be it just to go on their nerves you are out.
without even one of my eyes blinking, i banned enough punks here already. that is not rights abusing, and just mentioning this will get you banned... because of simply starting arguements.
i do not bother to explain this paragraph any further anymore.

i do my job, i do it good, and others that want "to piss on my neck and tell me it's raining" will be gone faster than they could believe. as i said, by now, i am too "old" for this shit, i am over that.
you know it, authority? dig it.

i jokingly say often i am a "damn nice person". that is really true, else i would not have taken the time and typed all this. still i am very strict nowadays.

i beg you to think about this post, before you post anything in return.
for your own good, for when the next time admins see you on the server.
pissing admins off = much more likely to get a ban. FYI this is no abuse, but enforcing law and avoiding leading cases.

Kanzlerin

-----tdm:  
nick: [dswp]xtj7
skill: 753.35
kills: 98
deaths: 95
ratio: 1.03
...and everyone deserves a second chance, that's what we believe in here. So don't think you fucked up because you got some admins to be mad at you.

It's just that we got ways to handle the server to make it fun for more than 90% of our players.
Many players are regulars on wurst, because the server is highly moderated and thus gets balanced out a lot.
For example: we don't only force strong players to the weaker team if it is far behind, we join the losing team as well to help support it.

Most admins play quite well already because we all have AT LEAST 6 months of playing experience, most a lot more, some even since the beginning of UrT. We can and we will balance the teams out, either by fighting for the team, or (if that doesn't suffice) forcing other players.
But that does as well involve warning (and possibly in the end kicking) players which interrupt teamplay a lot. Extreme camping, team killing, team damaging, those are things that we don't like to see on the server. It happens, it always does. And sometimes people that accidently killed several people and had no bad thought in their mind get kicked for accidents. But this is the only way to keep the server fun, if we have rules and limits for everything.

You could say "why don't you set those limits higher then?" and you're wrong. If we do that, team killers will stay on the server longer, making it less fun for you. If someone shoots you in the face 3 times, he gets kicked. Tell me how often you want someone to kill you from your own team. 5 times? 10 times? I don't think so. That's the point. Don't only think from your position, try to think of everyone elses perspective just as well.

<XTJ7> !8ball do i rock?
<CuntBot> XTJ7: OH YEAH !
<BEH> !8ball you lieing too?
<CuntBot> BEH: Totally not.
<BEH> -_-''

Godlike

-----tdm:  
nick: [dswp]GewitterOma
skill: 1122.83
kills: 25960
deaths: 19847
ratio: 1.30
-----bomb:  
nick: [dswp]GewitterOma
skill: 812.172
kills: 3885
deaths: 3541
ratio: 1.09
they just love to

!spank
!whip
!punch
!boot
!slice

etc

Godlike

-----tdm:  
nick: [dswp]ucf
skill: 472.479
kills: 532
deaths: 332
ratio: 1.60
sheesh steve, try shortening your posts a bit!
dmmh already said everything, this post won't help you in any way but to keep you from camping (or taking a rather long pause)

gg

either he reads it or not, but next time he starts pissing around when i am there he is a goner. this is an explicit warning.

only change he could make to divert the menacing penalty would be him writing something REALLY smart in this thread.
i confess i highly doubt this, but will let me be convinced if things go different.

/connect

SteveMcqueen wrote:
either he reads it or not, but next time he starts pissing around when i am there he is a goner. this is an explicit warning.

only change he could make to divert the menacing penalty would be him writing something REALLY smart in this thread.
i confess i highly doubt this, but will let me be convinced if things go different.

I read.

I got offense and menaces.
Discussion need a bit of mood, disposition, state of mind
(choice the word you prefer, donno which is smart enough).

I'm no more in age for flames so /me stop here.

I take your point; I can accept kick, ban, whatever;
besides,
you can believe or not, I dont like psg and sr8,
but can't promise to play like this guy says on urbanterror.net forum:

Well camping is a question of definition. Im an extremist rusher. So
Camping for me is : Sitting with more than 70% of stamina more than 10sec at the same place.

Thanks to all for the time and answers.

PS: string "camp" not in faq page
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=163

--
pb

Godlike

justforfun wrote:
SteveMcqueen wrote:

I read.

I got offense and menaces.
Discussion need a bit of mood, disposition, state of mind
(choice the word you prefer, donno which is smart enough).

I'm no more in age for flames so /me stop here.

I take your point; I can accept kick, ban, whatever;
besides,
you can believe or not, I dont like psg and sr8,
but can't promise to play like this guy says on urbanterror.net forum:

Well camping is a question of definition. Im an extremist rusher. So
Camping for me is : Sitting with more than 70% of stamina more than 10sec at the same place.

Thanks to all for the time and answers.

PS: string "camp" not in faq page
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=163

--
pb

*UPDATED 09.01.09 16:40 - thats half year ago.... So admins, moderators and rules changed since then.... I am not one who's not in the age, i have nearly whole life in front of me (as youngest admin here), but anybody who plays multiplayer FPS should know that camping sux and that nobody likes campers. Somebody already mentioned updating those rules.

Holding position is one thing, camping other. Difference?
Camping: Standing on one place, aiming at one place and waiting enemy player to come. Usually place of camping is behind or corner, or mostly covered. Camper nearly always has advantage over player who comes: shooting first, you see him before he does you, you are prepared. Camping shows no skill, and is only useful to destroy gameplay and build campers stats. There is absolutely no fun in this. Thats what you did.

Holding position: Holding enemy on some tactically important place. That way you protect your team's important "ways" and defending its spawn. Defender doesn't have big advantage, since he isn't completely covered and has to get out of his cover to shoot enemy. Enemy knows where is defender, and they are both prepared for fight. Defending shows teamwork, healing, reflex and aiming. Nice movement can help you a lot.
It won't necessary be fun fore you, but you leave open space for your and enemy team to have fun, and bring balance. thats what dswp does sometimes.

But funniest thing is to slice :)

camping = playing same position from the very same spot on the map over and over, maybe even until mapchange.

as i have said, if the enemy team is already below of "on its knees", dont push it further. just imagine it was you you just "camped to death"...

i guess you get my point. my opinion is shared by the others, and that is the reason someone of them handed you the warnings. i dont say if you see the enemy team lying back 50 points that you have to switch teams, but it is a nice gesture, that will even things out (in case you are able to do it) and being a teamplayer just brings better allies. along with more fun for all involved.
and you are a teamplayer if you join the loosing team to help them.

just do something and do not play just for the fucking score.
we already had discussions of getting rid of the stats because of some people stat-whoring............

mood of discussing already changed, but just re-read your first post:
accusing admin of being a stat-whore? -he could camp as well and not risk dying while fighting over key positions...
you dont camp? -why do you just sit around on the same place over and over again? and for what else than for f'k stats?

hope we all have now a better understanding of each other, have fun ingame and be nice and friendly. (haha =))
sorry if my tone was too harsh, but i felt like things had to be set straight.

p.s. i added a line about camping =PP ;)

PostPosted: 07.08.09 
Godlike

I oppose kicking campers. As stupid as it is, it's part of the game. And I for myself enjoy hunting these campers, it's always a challenge and fragging the camper is a big reward. :*)