forums

map cycle
irc              pwnalizer
voice         dswp bar

Register

Login

It is currently 05.19.24

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: SMOKES !!!!
PostPosted: 04.11.09 
/connect

Hi guys

I just wanted to ask about them smokes.
I tried to use them today in combination with tactic goggles but got kicked by admin.
I'm not a fan of that kinda play and I never play for stats or any other crap except for fun.

Why the hell did he kick me ? If smokes are forbidden then please disable them on server.
Its not a cheat and, correct me if I'm wrong, anyone can buy goggles.
"Use them in tactical way" was a bit shitty line from an admin. What is tactical ?
So neither me or others can see ? Thats not tactic. Its like playing counter strike and throwing flash bangs in-front of you so you use them in "tactical way". Thats nonsense and if I'm wrong about this please disable smokes on server or tell game developers to make something else other than smokes.
I saw people play only with smokes and tacs but never said anything about it. IT IS A PART OF THE TACTIC. Wouldn't be there in the game if they were cheat or "unfair".

I would like to hear everyones opinion on this.

BTW: If you kick for using smokes and goggles, please kick for using snipers. They kill in one shot ffs. Kick for camping also. Its more gay than using smokes and goggles. You can also kick people that are really good. It might get people that are not so good frustrated. Or even you can kick people for using cheats and wall-hacks.

Peace

PS: Don't get me wrong I don't use smokes and tacs just tried it and got kicked. The thing that bothered me was the action. I'm against it. Don't abuse admin rights just because you don't have space in inventory to buy tacs.

Post subject: Re: SMOKES !!!!
Godlike

-----tdm:  
nick: Make.Them.Fluffy
skill: 986.209
kills: 1115
deaths: 1030
ratio: 1.08
-----bomb:  
skill: 825.312
kills: 2105
deaths: 2476
ratio: 0.85
madmax0204 wrote:
Hi guys

I just wanted to ask about them smokes.
I tried to use them today in combination with tactic goggles but got kicked by admin.
I'm not a fan of that kinda play and I never play for stats or any other crap except for fun.

It was me kicking you. And you were not the only on. Its nearly impossible to get a good game and have fun to play if, everywere you run around is smoke. I kicked you on Abby and especely on this map the smokes are a Problem. You throw the smokes right in front of other players, like comsa did or a Playrer called "not" in the same round (got kicked). Its unfair against other Players in our own team.

madmax0204 wrote:
Its not a cheat and, correct me if I'm wrong, anyone can buy goggles.

But not everyone wants to play with the tac googles. Just because of some Players think they must throw smokes in front of them.

madmax0204 wrote:
BTW: If you kick for using smokes and goggles, please kick for using snipers. They kill in one shot ffs. Kick for camping also. Its more gay than using smokes and goggles. You can also kick people that are really good. It might get people that are not so good frustrated. Or even you can kick people for using cheats and wall-hacks.

A good sniper needs skill. Trust me! Extrem campers got kicked, really good players are really good players! Why the hell should anyone got kicked because he has skill? THAT IS Stupid! Wall Hacks and Aimbots get a nice warm ban! But we cant be there every time.

madmax0204 wrote:
PS: Don't get me wrong I don't use smokes and tacs just tried it and got kicked. The thing that bothered me was the action. I'm against it. Don't abuse admin rights just because you don't have space in inventory to buy tacs.

I dont abuse my admin rights. I just do something Steve an i started a few days befor. Kicking players wich destroys the fun for everyone on the server because of useless smokes. That you just tried it out and got kicked? Maybe a stupid timing and a little bit unlucky.

If you ask me disable the smokes. I never play with smokes but on some maps with the tac google because of the better overview i got. So disable them and there is no problem.

PS. Sorry for the bad english

Last edited by HumppaLakki on 04.11.09, edited 1 time in total.

i play this game since 2001. because i am such a damn nice person i will let you a glimpse on my never-ending wisdom:
here is, in short, the manual to your problem. now go read ahead...

frozen sand balanced the game very well... but they work on this mod now for circa a decade. (in case you dont know, which i highly suspect)
it would be a shame if the game were still crap like it was partly in 2001...

still there are huge fps issues for some people.

i.e. me.
my rig is a p4 3ghz / 4gb ram / gf9600gt and should bring enough fps to play without lags. but it fucking does not, especially when the full 32 slots are used. (my internet is also not the reason, i got 100 mbit here.)
it lies in the nature of smoke-grenades is to cause even worse fps... i talk about around 20 frames per second so you can imagine what i am talking about.
for the theory that you could everytime get some goggles... those fuck up my fps, too.

smokes can be used tactically. but almost NOONE on the tdm server is able or dares to. because that means getting smoke+goggles AND rushing. so the heroes of the day sit in the cloud and wait for victims to peek out.

there were several flaws like too strong spas, too strong psg, too strong mp5, too strong HE that were balanced over time.
yet throwing smokes is lame gameplay and nothing else.

smokes, the way they are, the duration they have, the fact that you can override them with goggles...
are just a HUGE flaw in game design.

"they must be fine because they are part of the game" sucks hard as an excuse...

it is way easier to pwn with an automatic, thats the reason why most people in clanwars use them instead of the sr8 (noone plays psg there anyway).
and if you dont rush blindly into the open (i.e. market on casa) you wont get picked off by a sniper. because if you do that it would mean you are a damn dumb newb. most urban terror maps are much too open, which is the reason why you got upset by some sr8 guys.

now go get a grip and dont start pissing around because you got a kick.
there are almost no cheaters here, thanks to the many admins. playing admin is work, too. just in case you forgot.
so pissing around and argueing with admins just leads to more kicks + bans.

madmax0204 wrote:

i guess my post covers almost every matter of concern from you by now...

an admin does not have to explain why he did what. period.

funny thing is, there are just some several people wanting to cause mayhem/arguements, almost everyone here comes time after time again and is fine with what is done by those godly peeps known as "admins"

Godlike

I do kick people too for throwing smokes, but not if you throw them on one place, and then camp on other side. Even i can do that sometimes. But when people throw them everywhere, with no reason other then to destroy game, its just stupid. It irritates people very much, and ruins game totally.

I played today on some CTF server, there some people use smokes tactically, like throw them in enemy flag, take it and run. Thats reason why smokes exist in Urban Terror.

And like nearly all admins always say, admins are normal people, we don't get payed for this, and we can get irritated, we can hate somebody even if he plays by rules. It's not fair from us, but what can we do? I'm sure if you were admin that you would ban Humppa now. And we can make mistakes, but Humppa didn't do mistake now.

Kicking "smokers" is same as kicking blockers or tkers to me.

/connect

Then please disable smokes on server.
End of story.

Godlike

-----tdm:  
skill: 986.209
kills: 1115
deaths: 1030
ratio: 1.08
-----bomb:  
skill: 825.312
kills: 2105
deaths: 2476
ratio: 0.85
There is a discussion about it to disable smokes and googles.

P.S. Thanks Steve and AimMe! :)

max du hanskaschper werd net pampig...

/connect

Now I can answer you in my native language and say something but I just wont do it because I'm well raised.

Don't make this something that its not.

Thanks

Godlike

-----tdm:  
nick: [dswp]ucf
skill: 472.479
kills: 532
deaths: 332
ratio: 1.60
hehe yeah those smoke in tdm ... well Steve pretty much covered everything in his post it just lacks the fact that there are a lot of UrT servers out there and if you don't like the server (well in this case a certain dislike of the staff does the same trick) just go and play somewhere else. Urbanterror doesn't provide a feature to just disable smokes or goggles itself you would have to disable all grenades (and the HK69) well we are discussing about that for quite some time. Anyways running around here demanding will just put you into a bad position and might give you the honor of even more admin attention.

/connect

edit by stvmcq:
du hast recht und ich mei ruh...

go play somewhere else

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next