voice         dswp bar

Register

Login

It is currently 04.30.24

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 09.22.09 
/reconnect

Hi Wurst,
my name is Emanuele Bruno and I'm the ITALIA admin of 64 slots server 85.197.98.131 (http://www.warriorteam.it I mean). I'm very glad to know you because I have seen your server with admiration, so it is a big honour to meet you. Some weeks ago you tryed to contact to me, but I was in holiday, so excuse me if I'm writing to you only now. You asked me if I would help you to ''fix'' or ''enhance'' urban terror server CODE: my answer is ''Yes!''...

I'm still "working" for the following urban terror server bugs:

-A reliable command was cycled out : trying to fix the CODE (I'm not a programmer even if I have a little knowledge about it; I can still compile the code under Debian OS and try to cut and past some portions of code taken from forum discussions...)

-ERROR: G_Spawn: no free entities ----- Server Shutdown (Server crashed: G_Spawn: no free entities) ----- ; this error happens *ONLY* with ut4_suburbs map (TDM and FFA mode) and it seems that I have found a solution (but not still tested for lack of time) following this link: http://www.warriorteam.it/index.php?file=Forum&page=viewtopic&forum_id=12&thread_id=261

-TEAMKILL: when somebody teamkills until he is kicked, the next time that enter the game can teamkill without limit (he isn't kicked anymore from the server); the only solution at this time is using the bigbrother bot or set to 0 the teamkill server var.

I'm working to these three bugs... I hope that we can help each other, so if you have any question please feel to write to me at emanuelebruno [et] gmail [dot] com

Sincerely,
Emanuele Bruno.

PostPosted: 09.22.09 
Leader

Nice to meet you man =)
64 slots is crazy :o Even 45-50 slots is crazy... people complain about low framerate because of that. I will try your server for sure.
Have you found big maps where 64 players can fit in ? Don't you have any bandwidth issue when people download a custom map at the same time ?

About the "cycled out" bug : this bug occurs since I play UrT. IMO it's not a server bug... I recompiled ioQ3 with the code modification you must have find on the official UrT forum, unfortunately it runs a lot slower than the binary I use so at the end I never knew if it suppresses the bug. Please report about that, I would be glad it fix the problem :)

About the error on suburbs : I don't remember it ever happened on wurst, but one fact : suburbs is *craaaaap* :x Low framerate, roof camping...

GL for your server

Unclefragger

PostPosted: 09.23.09 
Kanzlerin

-----tdm:  
nick: [dswp]xtj7
skill: 753.35
kills: 98
deaths: 95
ratio: 1.03
I like suburbs :P And as we always used B3, we never noticed that team killing bug. They just get banned too quickly :D
It's nice to meet another admin of a server this size though. How often do you actually have 32+ players? How often 64?
It must be crazy, we went to 48 a couple of times (having 5 reserved slots additionally to the 45) and that is insane already.
If you reach more than 40 regularly, did you notice that the server starts to lag at times (getting red spikes on a full server whereas you don't have that if there are less players online)?

<XTJ7> !8ball do i rock?
<CuntBot> XTJ7: OH YEAH !
<BEH> !8ball you lieing too?
<CuntBot> BEH: Totally not.
<BEH> -_-''

/reconnect

Hi SvaRoX, please to meet you.

64 slotz is not crazy if you use these *optimized settings* in your urban terror client, so PEOPLE TAKE NOTE OF THESE ADVICES (if you haven't do that before...):

Network Setting:
.set to 25000 MAXBYTE RATE (even the server has to set MAXDATARATE to ''unlimited'' or ''25000'' if you want take advantage from this setting)
.set to 42 MAXPACKET TO SERVER
.leave to double THE PACKET TO SERVER
.set to LOW LATENCY the NETWORK (especially if you use a WIFI connection, but sometimes it helps even if you have a not fast adsl link)

Optional Setting:
.disable team detail (it is useless if there are 64 players, you can use the ''TAB BUTTON'' to see players connected anyway)
.move the picture map on the right side of the monitor, a little more down the link information graph and if you want you can reduce the size or change the transparency (as you want)
.reduce the arrow dimension in the map graph because 64 big arrows are useless to see... (it is possible to say ''helpless'' ??!?!? sorry for my bad english ;) )

Kill and Behaviour Setting:
.set to only 1 second the visual of dead player to boost your poor graphic performace
.set to max 125 frame rate (I have experimented a better 'hit') [PAY ATTENTION!don't exchange this setting with max refresh rate: in your LCD display, in the most cases, max refresh rate is 60, so don't touch this setting if you are not sure what are you doing about]
.if you wanna play with suburbs map even with a low graphic card (why don't you buy a better one?) you can try to set to low graphic details,and more later you can try to activate bitmap compression setting (not always it gives a better frame rate, sometimes I have experimented a lower frame rate so don't use bitmap compression in this case), reduce the monitor resolution... but remember that a bigger resolution is alway better in urban terror game....

In this moment i have 60 files maps (1 map = 1 file) most of these maps are very very big (like toxic) and I like to use mix TDM, FFA, CTF alternatively...but you have to stay connected more than 18h to see all the map sequence! Take to look from this link:
http://www.warriorteam.it/q3ut4
My server is placed in germany and I have a 100 MBPS link so for the moment my urban terror server, my website and custom map stay all in the same server (from urban terror client you can join our server using this command from urban terror console:
connect http://www.warriorteam.it
Is not that wonderful?

I didn't know of an alternative client, can you send me for testing purpose? if you wanna mail to me the executable I advice to compress with 7-zip algorithm because google doesn't accept zipped executable files... I always thought that the cycle out bug was for a server bug!

Waiting for your answer...

Sincerely,
Emanuele Bruno

/reconnect

XTJ7 wrote:
I like suburbs :P And as we always used B3, we never noticed that team killing bug. They just get banned too quickly :D
It's nice to meet another admin of a server this size though. How often do you actually have 32+ players? How often 64?
It must be crazy, we went to 48 a couple of times (having 5 reserved slots additionally to the 45) and that is insane already.
If you reach more than 40 regularly, did you notice that the server starts to lag at times (getting red spikes on a full server whereas you don't have that if there are less players online)?

Hi XTJ7, I like when my server is full but the "cyclemap-get out-nasty bug" obblige every player to digit from the console "reconnect" but not all of them know this method and so somebody goes in another server and gametracker statistic signs always lower than 64 player even if there are 64 players for more than 20 minutes... Spykes in the connection appear frequently even if don't compromise the game quality for my experience using the special settings that I have described in my last post.Anyway in the last period I have seen a better connection... perhaps because many players have just downloaded new maps even if it is my intention to improve the server with more 40 new maps and to go over 24h cyclemap, but it is difficult trying / testing new maps for a server of 64 player...

My list map is reachable from this link (don't consider jumpmap...): http://www.warriorteam.it/q3ut4

If you have any big / great quality map, feel to say to me!

Thanks,
Emanuele Bruno.

Godlike

-----tdm:  
nick: [dswp]ucf
skill: 472.479
kills: 532
deaths: 332
ratio: 1.60
ah yes, I wanted to post those few settings somewhere, but one addition. com_hunkmegs <highval> greatly improves performance, I think to have heard that it handles the maximum amount of ram UrT does use, considering the name it should be a network setting though. Anyways is does help (I use 1024), but I have to google the actual influence on the client side, so far I can only say that it's a vital setting.

Well, pleased to meet you and looking forward to exchange experiences.
Speaking of this subject, did you adjust the B3 latency? Or is your bot slow? Do you experience vast lags from B3?
I think we have (or at least had) bodies vanish pretty fast.

Leader

Thanks for you answer emanuele, but I think I'm doomed to suffer from low framerate, whatever the cfg I use...
- nework settings : I totally agree with these settings, in fact I already use these. My lagometer is (almost) always fine, I have stable 20-30 ping, no red nor black spikes, so network is fine for me.
- graphic settings : ok about what you say, but I think I already have a quite optimized cfg (I play Q3 since 2000 and I used to try a lot of parameters to gain some fps...). Ok there are always unknown variables to disable to have more fps - reminds me to open a topic about that =). IMO lags are related to my hardware (1.6 GHz single core, radeon 9700m), and if I don't buy a better graphic card it's because I play on a (4 years old second-hand) laptop :) However some people with better hardware seem to experience lags too... I think Q3 engine is not made to handle that much people. It's always a matter of optimization, WoW is optimized to handle that but the game is probably less fast and accurate than Quake (no troll here =).
About maxpfs and refresh rate, com_maxfps > 60 is useless if you have vsync...
I joined your server 2 minutes, it was granja, more than 40 people. 23 fps MAX :cry: totally unplayable, like suburbs most of the time =)

emanuelebruno wrote:
In this moment i have 60 files maps (1 map = 1 file) most of these maps are very very big (like toxic) and I like to use mix TDM, FFA, CTF alternatively...but you have to stay connected more than 18h to see all the map sequence! Take to look from this link:
http://www.warriorteam.it/q3ut4

18h great !!! It contrasts with our 5 maps big mapcycle :) I will have a look at some of your maps (if ever I find enough disk space to download them =), especially the big ones.

emanuelebruno wrote:
I didn't know of an alternative client, can you send me for testing purpose?

In fact I use openarena binary from an old official debian package. It's based on ioQ3 1.33, and run a lot faster than ioQ3 I compiled myself, I still didn't manage to find why...
emanuelebruno wrote:
If you have any big / great quality map, feel to say to me!

We both need special big map designers ;)

Unclefragger

Godlike

-----tdm:  
nick: Make.Them.Fluffy
skill: 986.209
kills: 1115
deaths: 1030
ratio: 1.08
-----bomb:  
skill: 825.312
kills: 2105
deaths: 2476
ratio: 0.85
SvaRoX wrote:
Thanks for you answer emanuele, but I think I'm doomed to suffer from low framerate, whatever the cfg I use...
- nework settings : I totally agree with these settings, in fact I already use these. My lagometer is (almost) always fine, I have stable 20-30 ping, no red nor black spikes, so network is fine for me.
- graphic settings : ok about what you say, but I think I already have a quite optimized cfg (I play Q3 since 2000 and I used to try a lot of parameters to gain some fps...). Ok there are always unknown variables to disable to have more fps - reminds me to open a topic about that =). IMO lags are related to my hardware (1.6 GHz single core, radeon 9700m), and if I don't buy a better graphic card it's because I play on a (4 years old second-hand) laptop :) However some people with better hardware seem to experience lags too... I think Q3 engine is not made to handle that much people. It's always a matter of optimization, WoW is optimized to handle that but the game is probably less fast and accurate than Quake (no troll here =).
About maxpfs and refresh rate, com_maxfps > 60 is useless if you have vsync...
I joined your server 2 minutes, it was granja, more than 40 people. 23 fps MAX :cry: totally unplayable, like suburbs most of the time =)

The lags and Framedrops are strange. I play on a AMD Athlon X2 3800 with an GeForce 9600 GT. Got massiv lags and framedrops on some Maps like Ramelle, Riyadh or Suburbs.
When im visiting my mother i play on her Laptop. A Intel Pentium Celeron with 1700 GHz and a ATI Radeon 9700m. And it worked fine with the 32 Slot Server. Constant frames, no red or black spikes.
So it seems that the lags and framedrops doesent related to the machine.

SvaRoX wrote:
We both need special big map designers ;)

Maybe we ask Steve? For being our personal Map designer :lol:

Leader

HumppaLakki wrote:
Constant frames, no red or black spikes.
So it seems that the lags and framedrops doesent related to the machine.

Oops I miss-used "lags" term in my post... I'm sure lags are not related to the machine, but framedrops have so many potential causes, at least the hardware is the most critical one IMO...
HumppaLakki wrote:
Maybe we ask Steve? For being our personal Map designer :lol:

He haven't finished the train map yet, he said that it will be finished next year, so not sure he want to design a big map yet :D

Unclefragger

Godlike

-----tdm:  
skill: 986.209
kills: 1115
deaths: 1030
ratio: 1.08
-----bomb:  
skill: 825.312
kills: 2105
deaths: 2476
ratio: 0.85
SvaRoX wrote:
He haven't finished the train map yet, he said that it will be finished next year, so not sure he want to design a big map yet :D

In fact its his first Map, and btw. a real cool one, he will be quit faster at the next map :lol: